KQED Education partnered with the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) to create an excellent primer for young people and educators on how to protect their online privacy. They recommend something called “Threat Modelling,” a set of five questions everyone should ask themselves when thinking about their digital privacy:
- What do I want to protect?
- Who do I want to protect it from?
- How likely is it that you will need to protect it?
- How bad are the consequences if you fail?
- How much trouble are you willing to go through in order to avoid those consequences?
Watch this Above the Noise video: “Who’s Snooping on You Online?” and then download the [accompanying lesson plan].
Your Privacy Online